Passport Information



Non-U.S. Citizens:

  • Newly admitted students must obtain their I-20 document from Culver.
  • Students are required to pay the SEVIS I-901 fee. They may do so by following the instructions at www.fmjfee.com
  • Print your receipt for the I-901 fee and make an appointment at your consulate or embassy to apply for your F-1 Student Visa.
  • Take your I-901receipt to the appointment.

Non-U.S. Citizens on H-4, E-2 Status:

  • Students holding an H-4 or E-2 status, please plan to provide Culver with copies of the valid passport and visa.
  • Culver also requires a copy of the parent(s) H-1 or E-1valid passport and visa.

Registration at Culver

Non-U.S. Citizens:

  • When an international student registers on campus in August, students/parents are required to submit an official bank or financial statement that certifies that sufficient funds exist to cover tuition, books, uniforms, international insurance and travel throughout the school year per U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) guidelines. Updated documentation and information will be required each subsequent school year
  • Students should be prepared to provide their passport with the Port of Entry Record documenting they entered the United States on their F-1 student status, along with their visa, and I-20, during the registration process. Culver will keep the passports in a fire proof safe and sign them in and out with the student when they plan to leave campus.

Dual Citizenship:

  • Students please plan to provide Culver with a valid copy of your passports for the countries you are declaring.
Permanent Residence:
  • Students need to provide Culver with a copy of their valid Permanent Resident Card.

Travel Procedures to and From Culver

  • It is the responsibility of the students to clearly state to the customs port of entry officer that they are traveling to the United States to attend classes at Culver.
  • A student must always enter the United States on his/her original F-1 Visa. (This rule also applies when they are returning to Culver from all breaks)
  • Any student under the age of 18 years of age wishing to travel in and out of Mexico is required to carry a notarized letter from both parents stating the student’s full name, granting the student permission to travel, and the dates they will be traveling. This applies to all minor students regardless of citizenship and will include Dual citizens. This will apply to any student who has entered Mexico and desires to travel back out of the country. You may also visit www.travel.state.gov.
  • Students will not be allowed to study if they enter the United States on their Visitor Visa.
  • The students must always travel with original documents to include passport, visa, I-20, I-94  or Port of Entry record and SEVIS I-901 fee receipt when entering the  United States. U.S. Customs will not accept copies.

Passport/Document Security: All international students should be prepared to take their passport, visa, I-20, and pertinent paperwork to the International Student Coordinator within five (5) days of returning from scheduled breaks.

Traveling During the School Year:

  • All students are responsible for picking up their passports and immigration documents prior to leaving Culver to travel.
  • Students are required to take their passport and all immigration documents on major breaks when the school is closed (even if they are not traveling outside of the United States).

International Students Traveling with Athletic Teams:

  • It is the responsibility of the student-athletes to pick up their passports if they are traveling outside the United States for athletic events.

In an emergency that requires an international student to travel outside of normal business hours, the student should contact campus security at 574-842-4088 to obtain his or her passport and paperwork.